All pet owners want our senior dogs to live a long & healthy life, and at Sunnyview.vet we believe that this can be best attained with Biannual Wellness Assessments performed every 6 months, combined with education, optimal nutrition, & early preventive blood screening on an annual basis (at a minimum). Our PAWs Proactive Senior Dog Care plan is based on AAHA Lifestage & Senior Care guidelines, & offers your family a wellness plan designed to conveniently spread out the cost over one year!
This plan includes Two Wellness Assessment/physical examinations at the commencement of the plan & six months* later, fecal testing & deworming*(if needed), dental care discussions, & any necessary Rabies immunization. With the added benefit of one additional comprehensive Wellness Assessment, & unlimited nail trims*during the duration of the plan at no additional charge, & unlimited nail trims*during the duration of the plan at no additional charge.
Of greater importance is the annual blood work & option of a urinalysis testing**. Blood work is like performing a internal examination & Wellness Assessment of your pet & will check the function of your dog’s internal organs including; liver, kidney function, heart & pancreatic health. Our blood work also includes a thyroid test. The thyroid gland controls your dog’s metabolism and may become underactive in senior dogs. A complete urinalysis evaluating liver & kidney function – indicating the presence of any early disease-including diabetes, and may show the development of infection or urinary crystals as well!
THE PLAN DETAILS
- Complete Physical “Wellness” Examination,
- Appropriate Vaccines – usually Rabies, only on a three-year basis,
- Fecal Testing, & dewormer* — for more Information on Internal Parasites in Puppies – just ‘click’ here!
- Blood Work including T4(Thyroid) Level,
- A Complete Urinalysis**
- Nail Trims are included with examinations, and if you’re interested we will show you how to apply nail-caps (Soft Paws) & show you some nail trimming tips
- Unlimited follow up Nail Trims (unless additional Staff assistance is required)
- Nutrition & Weight Loss Program Counseling (if needed)
- “Body Condition Score Assessment” (BCS) Dog - Annual or per visit BCS scores will identify weight gain or loss before it becomes a significant concern,
- Pain &/or Joint Care Counselling: PAWs Proactive Senior Dog plan members receive a 10% discount on x-rays performed at the time of either of the two bi-annual Wellness Assessments!,
- Dental Care Counseling, PAWs Proactive Senior Dog plan members receive a 5% discount on dental cleanings, and dental intervention/periodontal surgery as well!,
- Behavior Assessment & Guidance.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES include one additional Wellness Assessment anytime* after the plan starts! That is a total of three exams for the year of the plan!