Our PAWs Head Start Kitten plan offers your newest family member a complete wellness program for their first year in your home and, is designed to conveniently spread out the cost of pet ownership over one year! This plan includes physical examinations, fecal testing, dewormer, dental care discussions, & all necessary “Core” vaccines to get your kitten off to a healthy start, with the added benefit of one additional comprehensive Wellness Assessment, & unlimited nail trims*during the duration of the plan at no additional cost!
Our veterinary kitten care & immunization recommendations are based on AAHA & AAFP vaccination/dental care recommendations, & in keeping with our Cat Friendly Practice guidelines. Please click on the LINKs below, or look elsewhere on our webpage for more information on keeping your new kitten healthy!
THE PLAN DETAILS
- Complete Physical “Wellness” Examinations, Number of exams will depend on your kitten’s age at time of initial presentation/starting date of the plan
- Appropriate Vaccines, fecal testing, & dewormer: Depending your kitten’s age at time of initial presentation/starting date of the plan -for more Information on Internal Parasites in Felines- just ‘click’ here!
- Nail Trims are included with examinations, and if you’re interested we will show you how to apply nail-caps (Soft Paws) & show you some nail trimming tips
- Unlimited follow up Nail Trims (unless additional Staff assistance is required) for the entire year of the plan!,
- Nutrition Counseling: Nutrition is important at any stage of life but, the earlier this discussion starts the better for everyone!,Body Condition Scoring (BCS): Annual or per visit BCS scores will identify weight gain or loss before it becomes a significant concern,
- Dental Care Assessment – starting dental care earlier in life means less problems later!,
- Behavior Education & Training: many indoor cats will benefit from a review of the “Indoor Cat Initiative”, information that is included with our introductory booklet, but we can discuss other concerns when and as they arise,
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES include one additional Wellness Assessment anytime during the year!